December 6, 2013

Christmas Stockings, Part Two

Today I spent my day finishing my Christmas stockings.  They have been laying in a pile next to my sewing machine just begging to be finished.

Wish I had a fireplace to hang my new, cute stockings.




I sandwiched some batting between the pieced stocking cut outs, and then I pinned them to keep them in place.  I quilted both sides of each stocking.  I straight line quilted the squares, chevron pattern and the hexagons and I free motion quilted the last stocking.  

 

 The next step was to sew the two sides together.  Right sides "kissing".  I used the zig-zag stitch to give it a stronger stitch.  Once sewn together I flipped them right side out. 


I cut an 8" strip of white Christmas fabric for the top. I folded it in half and gave it a crisp ironed edge.  I also cut and sewed a small strip of fabric for the nail hook.  I stuffed the white fabric inside of the stocking and I pinned the edges together.  The raw edges were sewn together at the top.  Once I finished sewing, I folded the white strip of fabric over the top of the quilted stocking to finish it off. 



I had to take off the attachment to my sewing machine to be able to sew around the stocking




2 comments: